All about How to Make the Best Vegan Waffle Recipe to Celebrate Waffle Day
As waffle day is approaching it is almost a necessity to know how to make the perfect vegan waffles to satisfy all the cravings. Nothing beats fluffy vegan waffles first thing in the morning for the ultimate breakfast or brunch. Waffles have been around for centuries and are a classic on almost every breakfast and even dessert menu and it is imperative that vegans get to create their own plant-based and cruelty-free version to be able to join in on this delicious world wide treat, and that is why I am here to provide you with the best vegan waffle recipe that you can create from your very own kitchen.
Vegan Waffle Recipe
Waffles are made in many variations and can be a canvas for an assortment of different toppings ranging from sweet such as chocolate to lighter and more refreshing versions such as strawberries and cream, but when your vegan waffle batter recipe is made to perfection even the tiniest drizzle of maple syrup will do the trick. Easy vegan waffles can also be made healthy and even gluten-free so that anyone and everyone will be able to enjoy the delicious delicacy.
How to Make Vegan Waffles
This vegan waffle recipe is extremely simple and easy to follow and only requires a select amount of ingredients as well as a waffle maker too. To begin making your vegan waffle mix recipe you’ll need :
- ¼ cups ground flax seed
- ½ cup water
- 3 ½ cups soy milk (or any plant-based milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons for baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients you can begin creating the batter for your simple vegan waffle recipe and begin creating your breakfast treat.
- The first step before beginning to create your waffle batter is to preheat your waffle maker according to the guide of your exact machine.
- Next is to make your flax egg, simply combine your ground flax seeds with your water and stir, then set aside and allow to thicken.
- Following this warm your milk in the microwave and grab a large mixing bowl. Into your bowl add your warmed plant-based milk together with the apple cider vinegar, stir and set aside to curdle.
- In another large bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- To this mixture add your flax egg as well as the vegan buttermilk that you created earlier as well as your coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir carefully until all is well combined and a smooth batter is formed.
- Now is the fun part, pour your batter into your preheated waffle iron, close, and allow to cook until both sides are a beautiful golden brown color.
And just like that, your vegan Belgian waffle recipe is done and ready to be served, make sure you serve your waffles immediately so that they are still hot for consumption. To your ready-made waffles you can now add multiple toppings of your choice which may include :
- Maple syrup
- Plant-based vanilla ice cream
- Berries and plant-based cream
- Chocolate sauce or spread
- Peanut butter
- Vegan butter
- Lemon and sugar
- Icing sugar
Your topping choices are endless and you can really go wild when it comes to what to put on top of your golden brown, crispy and delicious morning treat.
Vegan Gluten-Free Waffle Recipe
If you’re looking for a gluten-free vegan waffle recipe or you’re simply trying to make a healthier version, don’t worry there are plenty of options for you too. To make gluten-free vegan waffles from scratch you’ll simply need to switch out your flour, instead of all-purpose flour one can substitute the same quantity with any gluten-free version, including rice flour, oat flour, almond flour, or coconut flour. If you’re trying you make your waffles slightly healthier you can substitute the sugar for a sweetener such as a stevia or xylitol but make sure not to use the liquid version as this will throw off the measurements. You can also change the flour to either Spelt or whole wheat as well as using an unsweetened version of any plant-based milk of your choice. When it comes down to the toppings healthier version may omit the syrup and sugar and instead include the natural sweetness that comes from fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, and banana which are a perfect combination for any waffle creation.
And just as easy and as simple as that you have yourself your very own homemade vegan waffle recipe that can be shared and enjoyed by the whole family.
- Why did you like the article?!
- Ooh, you did not like it? But why?