Vegan Banana Blossom Fish Is Here to Stay and Here’s How to Make It at Home
The vegan community has seen many weird and wonderful recipes appear to try and recreate animal products. With everything from fake chicken to tuna and even cheese, is the next best thing vegan fish banana blossom made? This new vegan fried fish banana blossom recipe has taken the internet by storm as it deems to be life-changing and an almost exact replica of the flaky texture of good old fried fish. This banana blossom recipe is different from any other fou fish recipe ever created before and here’s why and how you can get a piece of it too.
Banana Blossom Fish and Chips Recipe
There’s no good in me just blabbering on about how delicious this vegan fish and chips banana blossom recipe is, it better if I just explain to you exactly what it is and how to make it.
First things first we need to gather our ingredients in order to make our vegan fried fish. For this recipe you’ll need:
- 1 can banana blossoms in brine ( look in your local Asian grocery store);
- Oil for frying.
For the Flour mixture:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour;
- ½ teaspoon salt;
- 1 ½ nori.
For the batter:
- 1 cup flour;
- ½ teaspoon salt;
- 2 tablespoon pickle juice;
- ½ teaspoon turmeric;
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice;
- ½ sparkling water.
Once you have gathered all the necessary ingredients you can begin to create your fried banana blossom fish.
- Drain and rinse your banana blossoms for the can.
- In two separate bowls combine the ingredients for the flour mixture and separately combine the ingredients for your batter mixture. Make sure both mixtures are whisked well until a smooth consistency is reached.
- In a large pot, heat your frying oil until bubbling hot. ( make sure you have enough oil to completely cover your banana blossoms ).
- While your oil is heating up coat your banana blossoms in the flour mixture and then into the batter and then finally into the oil, where they should be fried for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. ( make sure to flip it halfway ).
- Once fried, transfer to kitchen paper and dap any excess oil from your fish.
- Serve on a plate of choice with the option of tartar sauce, chips, and peas, and most importantly don’t forget to drizzle with a little lemon juice.
And just as quick and as easy as that you have yourself the best and most delicious banana blossom fish. The perfect texture, both soft and flaky on the inside and crunchy on the outside creates the perfect and closet vegan resemble to fish that has existed so far. This recipe can also be turned into banana blossom fish nuggets and is also a delicious leftover to keep in the fridge.
What Have We Learnt?
Not only is this recipe absolutely delish but it is healthy too, a good source of protein and fats allows this to be a perfect nighttime meal. It is also a hit with the kids and is something everyone in the family is bound to enjoy.
You can also up the fishiness by adding more or less nori and dill as well as comprise your fish in either a wrap or a sandwich for an alternative lunch meal. The bottom line is that there is no need to indulge in fish and chips when this plant-based vegan version is just as good if not better than the “real deal”, so give it a try and see for yourself just how perfect this banana blossom fish recipe actually is.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?