Beans Are A Great And Delicious Source Of Protein – Check Out This Bean Balls Recipe
If you have been searching for the perfect source of protein to add to your everyday life, bean balls may be the answer to all of your problems. As we all know by now, beans are an amazing source of protein. These bean balls are great as you can make them in advance and easily add them to your meals, or simply snack on them throughout the day. Not only are they delicious, but they only require a few ingredients, making this recipe super affordable. Let’s dive right into this amazing bean ball recipe.
Vegan Bean Balls Recipe
Before beginning this recipe, make sure you have a high-speed blender or food processor on standby. This is how we will blend our bean balls mixture together. On top of this, you will also need a frying pan or baking sheet. These bean balls can either be fried in a little bit of oil or baked to perfection in the oven, it’s up to you! Other than this, I think we’re ready to get started.
- 1 cup rolled oats;
- 1 can black beans (can substitute with beans of your preference);
- 3 tbsp oil of choice (I use olive): 2 tbsp for the mixture, 1 tbsp for cooking onions and garlic;
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (can substitute with ketchup);
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1 tsp black pepper;
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika;
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced;
- 1 onion, finely chopped;
- 2 tbsp chia or flax seeds (this is the binder).
This bean balls recipe is extremely easy to follow. Here are five simple steps to achieving the perfect bean balls vegan dish.
- Begin by heating your oil in a large pan. When hot, add in your chopped onions and minced garlic. Stir these until your onions become translucent. Remove them from the heat and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Next, you will add your rolled oats into your blender. Blend until a flour consistency forms. It doesn’t need to be perfectly ground as we will continue blending once we add our other ingredients into the mix.
- Add the remainder of your ingredients into the blender: strained and rinsed black beans, 2 tbsp oil, tomato paste, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, onions, garlic, chia/flax seeds. Blend these until a mixture forms.
- Once you have your mixture created, it’s time to form your bean balls. Make them as big or small as you like.
- Either add your bean balls into a pan with some oil and fry up on both sides for a minute or two, or add your bean balls into a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook until crispy. This will take around 30 minutes, but keep an eye on them.
Serve It Up
And there you have it, the perfect bean balls vegan recipe. Add these to your pasta dishes, salads, rice bowls, or simply snack on them. The options for these balls are endless. I hope you enjoy them!
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?