Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
Zucchini bread is all the rave right now and I must admit it is a trend you need to get behind! Chocolate zucchini bread recipes are everywhere and they are so delicious. I must admit when I first heard of incorporating zucchini into my cakey loaf I was a bit concerned but actually I was pleasantly surprised to find that it the taste was completely hidden yet the zucchini added moisture that helps make the bread spongey and soft and let’s be honest if you add chocolate to anything it’s going to taste good! So here are some recipes for chocolate zucchini bread that I definitely recommended you getting your apron on for and of course it’s all vegan too.
Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
There is an overwhelmingly large amount of recipe chocolate zucchini bread circling around that it’s hard to know which one is best for giving you the outcome that you want but I’ve found that this combination works best.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 – 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder (depending on how rich you want it)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup milk (soy, almond, coconut, or oat work well)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (make sure to squeeze out all the water before adding into the mixture)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (add more for extra richness)
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix milk, vanilla, applesauce in a separate bowl until combined
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredient bowl and combine well
- Add the zucchini and cholate chips and fold into batter
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and place mixture inside
- Place into oven and allow to bake for 55-60 minutes.
And just like that you’ve got yourself a delicious, moist and rich recipe chocolate zucchini bread for everyone to enjoy!
Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
While the fact that the bread contains a vegetable in it may make it seems healthy or healthier, in fact, that’s not really the case and most zucchini bread recipe chocolate are not the best for you however it can definitely be adapted into a healthier choc zucchini bread recipe.
This easy chocolate bread recipe will provide the same moist and rich loaf with less guilt.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 3⁄4 agave syrup (any liquid sweetener will do)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups whole wheat/oat flour (can be made gluten-free)
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Mix applesauce, baking powder, baking soda, agave syrup, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until combined and a smooth consistency is reached
- Slowly add in the cocoa powder and combine into the mixture
- Add the shredded zucchini and stir into the mixture
- And flour in small amounts and a time until all is mixed in and a smooth batter is created
- Lastly, add your chocolate chips and give the batter a few last stirs
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper
- Add the mixture into your tin
- Place in the oven for 55-60 minutes
- Top with extra chocolate chips while still warm (optional)
And there you have it zucchini recipes bread chocolate-filled, rich and creamy but actually healthier for you than a regular recipe. It’s the perfect treat for an afternoon pick me up or an on-the-go breakfast or even a late-night snack and it’s also a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables without any fuss at all.
Another great thing about these chocolate zucchini bread recipes is that they can be frozen too. So if you want to create a large batch and store them in the freezer for special occasions you can do so! simply seal them in a container and place in the freezer for up to three months and don’t worry they taste just as good as if they were freshly baked.
These recipes can also be made into muffins, cupcakes, and even a birthday cake! It truly is the perfect recipe for the whole family because who does not enjoy a slice of soft, rich, and chocolaty bread? You definitely won’t have a problem pleasing the kids, friends, and grandparents as these recipes can too be adapted to gluten-free and of course they’re already vegan, who would even know?
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?