How to Make Your Very Own Delicious Vegan Taco Meat from Scratch
Who doesn’t love a taco? The crunchy taco shell combined with fillings of meat, cheese, guacamole, and salsa, its a match made in heaven. Having the perfect vegetarian taco meat substitute is of high importance when it comes to Taco Tuesday and cannot be eaten without. Veggie taco meat should be packed full of flavor, soft, and of course delicious, and ill be showing you exactly how to make your very own version of a beef meat substitute in an easy and simple manner from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Vegan Taco Meat
Just like all recipes, there are many different ways one can make a meatless taco filling. In some cases vegan beef is made from walnuts, soy products, or even mushrooms, however, the power of the recipe is truly in the flavoring and the combination of spices that best resemble a beef that belongs inside of a taco. In order to find the perfect meatless taco meat for you ill be sharing a few different recipes that you can pick from or experiment with until you find the one that truly hits the spot and satisfies all those cravings.
How to Make Vegan Taco Meat
To make your vegan beef tacos you’ll simply have the follow this recipe that uses both tofu, walnuts, and spices to create the perfect beef meat substitute.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 450g Extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to180C
- Blend walnuts in a food processor. Mash your tofu with a fork and add your blended walnuts to combine.
- Add your garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast, olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, and tomato paste into a bowl and whisk together until a thick sauce is formed.
- Mix the sauce with the tofu and walnuts mixture and combine until everything is well coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread your mix along with the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, shaking it halfway.
And just like that, you have the most delicious vegan walnut taco meat that is the perfect option to add into your tacos along with your variety of other toppings.
Vegetarian Taco Meat Recipe
To make the best vegan taco meat this recipe is not soy taco meat but rather encompasses the flavors and textures of natural ingredients such as cauliflower, mushrooms, and walnuts.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 115g mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until small bits are formed. Remove and add to a large pot.
- Add your walnuts and mushrooms to your food processor and pulse until the same texture is formed and transfer into the pan with the cauliflower.
- To the pan add your olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, soy sauce, cumin, paprika, and salt, and turn to medium heat. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Remove from heat and your taco meat is ready to be served.
In those few simple and easy steps you will be able to create the perfect veggie taco meat that is a great plant-based alternative. Packed full of flavor add it to your taco add cover in vegan cheese, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, and any other toppings of your choice. This is a great meal for the whole family to enjoy and the perfect way to get the kids to eat some vegetables without even knowing. It is also quick to make and the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Why did you like the article?!
- Ooh, you did not like it? But why?