Meditation Day. How Meditation Will Improve Your Everyday Life
Sunday 31/5 was the meditation day that was celebrated all around the world. Through all the madness that happens around the world nowadays, meditation is one of the best ways to relax and to listen to what our body and soul really need. It is the perfect variant for those who have stressful work, lifestyle. Meditation is a natural way of controlling yourself, understanding demands, and enjoying calmness. The meaning of the word “meditation” is “A practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness or focusing the mind on a particular thing, thought, object, or activity – to train awareness, attention, and achieve emotionally calm, a mentally clear and stable state.”
It is believed that forms of meditation started around the 6th-5th centuries BCE in India. Throughout the year’s many forms of meditation were found around the world with a religious context.
Meditation in Nowadays Society
Nowadays, you can practice meditation without being religious at all. It’s all about mindfulness and relaxation of the body. But what is the best way to start? First, we have to say that there isn’t “the right way” to meditate. Each one has its own way to do it, but there are a few conditions that can improve your experience.
- Timing – In order to practice meditation, you’ll need to clear some time on your schedule. Meditation cannot be done while being busy doing other things. The best time to meditate is in the very morning before your day starts or in the evening when you’re done with your tasks for the day and you can focus on yourself. And one more important thing – you have to be relaxed, if you do not feel so, wait a little bit, take shower, listen to music and then proceed.
- Place – Like many other things in life, the place has a huge impact on your actions. The place you choose to meditate can affect the quality of your meditation. Choose a place where you feel comfortable and no one can disturb you. If you live near the beach, it is a great place to start with. The same about the forest, calm park, river, etc.
- Music – Take some headphones with you and listen to some relaxing and calm music. Mind, it has to be melody without words. You can find some great playlists to meditate with online.
- Clothes – Wear comfortable clothes in order to feel as much comfortable as you can.
- Breathing – Focus on your breathing. Inhale and exhale deeply and slowly in order to relax the body and mind. In the very beginning it can be a little bit strange to breathe so deep, but then you will enjoy and feel every cell of your body.
Meditation is so popular practice all over the world. Even famous stars and celebrities use it. It is not difficult, affordable and effective. Try to combine meditation in your life routine. Researchers have found that practicing meditation on a regular basis can reduce stress, distractions, and anxiety. Happy meditation day!
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?