Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
It’s that time of the year again, time that the winter wardrobe comes out, gloves go on and refreshing summers foods get up away. As the temperature begins to fall and we approach the winter months leading up to Christmas time there is nothing more satisfying than comfort food. The type of food that has those aromas that automatically hit the bottom of your belly, the type that warms you from the inside out, that wholesome and hearty. Roasting butternut squash is the perfect way to encapsulate the feeling of autumn and winter in just a few bites. A perfect roasted butternut squash recipe means that it allows the butternut to be the star of any dish or even good enough to eat alone.
Recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash
There are quite a few ways one can create butternut squash roasted, some prefer the way they’re cut, or seasoned or in what method they’re cooked. Here is a great roast butternut squash recipe that is simple and easy to follow.
- 1-2 butternut squash (depending on the size and how much you’re trying to make)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper
- Peel, de-seed and chop your butternut squash into medium-sized cubes
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a large bowl
- Toss cubed butternut into olive oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place on a baking sheet
- Put into the oven for 30-35 mins at 200’C
As you can see this simple roasted butternut squash recipe is super easy to follow and tastes oh so delicious and without much complication, the whole family can enjoy this warming autumnal vegetable.
How to Roast Butternut Squash in the Oven?
Oven-roasted butternut squash is most probably the best way to roast butternut squash as it allows you to achieve a crispy and golden outside with a soft inside. How long to roast butternut squash in the oven all depends on the size of your pieces. Here are two different recipes for roast butternut squash.
Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
Thus recipe roasted butternut squash really captures the essence of a warming holiday feel and is the perfect accompaniment for a hearty roast dinner.
- Butternut Squash
- Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut your squash into small cubes.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and pepper, and rosemary.
- Toss butternut cubes in the mixture until evenly coated
- Spread the butternut across your lined baking sheet
- Place in the oven for 15-17mins
- Take out and toss around
- Place it make in the oven for another 15 mins until the golden brown color and caramelized edges are achieved.
As you can see this roast butternut squash recipe is super simple but so flavorful, you won’t be able to stop once you’ve started and is definitely an impressing and crowd pleasing recipe that also works perfectly being reheated the following day or frozen and enjoyed a few weeks later. It is also great when served with chicken, pork, or pasta and is a perfect holiday treat.
Garlic Butter Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
This next butternut squash recipe is a bit more elegant and most definitely a guest impresser and its deep rich flavors mixed with the natural sweetness of butternut squash automatically create an elevated and professional chef type of dish.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2.5 tablespoons of plant-based butter of your choice (salted works best)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3.5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Salt to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 215’C
- Cut your butternut squash in half (lengthwise)
- Scoop out the seeds until all are removed from the middle of the squash
- Peel the skin off the butternut squash until you are left with just the interior
- Brush the entire squash with oil and drizzle salt across
- Place 2 halves with the cut side facing down of a baking sheet next to each other place in the oven for around 15 minutes until the squash is softened and cooked through but not crispy
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, melted butter and seasoning
- Remove butternut from the oven and allow it to cool
- Taking a sharp knife cut little slits along the entire of each sphere of butternut squash (not cutting it all the way through)
- Coat the butternut with you melted butter and garlic mixture until all is evenly coated Place into the oven and remove every 10 minutes and continue adding your butter mixture
- Make sure the butternut gets around 30 minutes’ cook time so the application of your mixture should last for around 3 times
- Once you see the top is slightly charred your butternut squash is ready
And just like that you have the perfect toasted butternut squash recipe for everyone and anyone to enjoy (even the picky eaters)!
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?