Tropical Mango Vegan Cake
Tropical Mango Vegan Cake Recipe
If you’re looking for a cake but fancying a lighter and more fresh alternative to your typical chocolate and vanilla why not opt for vegan mango cake. Although this may seem a little strange and perhaps not something you would pick, it is actually a beautiful combination of flavors that is light, refreshing, and easy on the palette. Mango cake recipe Indian traditions follow this as a prominent feature of their culture, it is known as a true delicacy that is enjoyed on special occasions such as birthdays. In Indian tradition desserts are not typically eaten, however, mangos grow abundantly in the country and often need to be used up before going rotten, and thus mango cakes were invented, similar to the way we make banana loaves. I’ll be showing you how to recreate this Indian delicacy at home using this eggless mango cake recipe that is simple and easy to follow and oh so delicious.
Vegan Mango Cake Recipe with Fresh Mango
In order to make your delicious mango eggless cake the first thing you will need to do is gather all your ingredients before starting the process.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup canned mango pure or 1 ½ cups fresh mango chopped
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons water
Now that you’ve gathered all your ingredients you can start assembling your delicious easy vegan mango cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a large bowl combine your flour together with your baking powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together your lemon juice, oil, milk, water, mango puree or fresh mango, and sugar and beat until all is combined and the sugar has become almost dissolved without any lumps present.
- Now add your beaten wet ingredients to the bowl containing your dry ingredients and combine together until a smooth consistency is reached. *keep in mind to not overmix
- Line your cake tin with either parchment paper or non-stick baking spray and pour your cake batter into your desired mold.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for approximately 30 minutes, check if it’s cooked by placing a toothpick in the center, if it comes out completely clean its ready to go!
- Once ready take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled remove from mold and place on a cooling rack
- Once your cake is cool, it is ready to be served!
And as simple and easy as that you’ve got yourself a delicious, light, and fluffy mango cake. This cake can also be adapted into making a vegan gluten-free mango cake by simply swapping out the flour for a gluten-free alternative such as almond flour or oat flour.
If you’re feeling a little bit creative and want to really push your culinary skills you can elevate your mango cake in quite a few ways, some examples of this include
- Garnishing – yop your beautiful mango cake with some thin slices of fresh mango or some very small cut pieces of dried mango with can add a nice crunch.
- Frosting – frosting or icing your cake is another great addition that adds a great texture differentiation and helps make your cake moist and smooth. The best frosting pairing with your mango cake is that of cream cheese, it is the perfect frosting when combined with mango and really adds a depth of flavor.
- Fruity center – the addition of layering is a great elevation for a typical mango cake, this can be done by either adding a layer of freshly sliced mango or canned mango pieces on top of your cream cheese icing. This takes your cake from delicious to deliciously professional and is a great way to prove your chef skills to your whole family.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?