VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Banana bread has truly turned into a fast-growing trend, during the circumstances of 2020 everyone stuck inside of their homes decided to make use of overripe bananas by turning them into delicious banana bread. Vegan banana bread recipes are simple and easy to follow and the end result should be a moist and flavorful banana bread that the whole family can enjoy and of course, you then get to share your end product all over social media. I’m going to be sharing some of the best banana bread vegan recipes with great alternatives and variations so that you can make it perfectly suited for all your dietary requirements and preferences.
BEST VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Traditionally banana bread is made in a loaf tin to resemble a loaf of bread although it is more of a cake than bread in my opinion. The banana bread recipe vegan that I will be sharing can also be transformed into muffins, circular cakes, pretty much any sort of size or shape you want. This recipe for vegan banana bread can either be enjoyed warm and just by itself or topped with a lathering of vegan butter, almond butter, chocolate spread, and even jam, once your banana bread is complete you have a full canvas of endless topping opportunities.
EASY VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE
This easy and simple vegan banana bread recipe is the perfect stable recipe that you can pull out and create every time your bananas have gone overripe, with little ingredients and simple steps to follow you’ll have no problem re-creating this afternoon tea delicacy.
For your banana bread vegan recipe, you’ll need
- 4 ripe bananas (if they are smaller in size you may need to use an extra one)
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup plant-based milk of your choice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
Once you have gathered all your ingredients it’s time to start creating your vegan banana bread recipe easily and carefully.
- Preheat your oven to 180’C and gather a loaf pan of your choice, either line it with parchment paper or grease it with a nonstick spray and set aside.
- Next, get yourself a large mixing bowl and mash your banana until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Add your mashed bananas and after that, your oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and plant-based milk and mix well until all is combined.
- To your combined mixture add in your flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (optional) and mix gently until a batter is formed. Do not over mix or your bread will be dense and cloggy.
- Pour your batter into your greased pan and transfer it into the oven to bake for around 60 minutes until the top is a golden brown color.
- To check if your banana bread is thoroughly cooked insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes back clean it’s ready if not give it a couple more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for around 15 minutes and then dig in and enjoy the beautiful and delicious vegan banana bread recipe best served slightly warm.
VEGAN GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD RECIPE
If your gluten-free and still wanting to enjoy a yummy banana bread don’t worry, there is a perfect solution so that you can make the world’s best vegan banana bread recipe but that fits your dietary requirements.
To make your gluten-free version of banana cake the only substitution you’ll need to make it to your flour. Instead of using all-purpose flour, you can substitute it with either
- Oat flour
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Brown rice flour
In my opinion oat flour tends to work best in this recipe and it enhances the already oaty and fall-like taste of the banana bread.
HEALTHY VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE
If you’re looking to enjoy a banana bread tasty treat but prefer to not indulge in all the sugars and fats, you can opt for a healthier alternative to this original recipe and there are a few adaptations you can make you enjoy it without any guilt at all.
- Substitute the sugar, the brown sugar can be replaced with a sweetener of your choices such as stevia or xylitol or with coconut sugar or black molasses sugar for a sweetener but a more natural and healthier option, ½ a cup of chopped dates also adds a great level of sweetness if you’re looking to eliminate unnatural sugars altogether.
- Secondly, replace the oil with coconut oil or even go completely oil-free by substituting with a flax egg instead.
- Next, you can lessen the amount of flour used by incorporating additional nuts such as almonds or walnuts which go great in a banana bread recipe.
- Lastly, you can adapt this recipe into a gluten-free version and even great your own oat flour by finely blending oats until a thin flour consistency is reached.
BANANA BREAD RECIPE OPTIONS
A chocolate banana bread recipe for the one that wants to take it one step higher. If you’re looking to really elevate your classic banana bread, try this recipe to a rich and chocolate kick.
- 4 ripe bananas (make sure they’re spotty and a bit brown in color)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (optional for an extra flavor of the chocolate)
- Smash bananas until no more lumps can be seen
- Add all wet ingredients to bananas and mix until smooth
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and combine until the texture is smooth
- Pour the mixture into a pan and bake for 45 mins at 180 degrees
Some other options for a more extravagant banana bread include
- Adding walnuts to your batter and topping your bread with thinly sliced pieces of banana.
- Adding dried fruit such as raisins is a great way to get a little extra sweetness and texture.
- Before putting your loaf into the oven top with rolled oats and let them crisp up to create a crunchy “crust”.
As you can see there are so many different ways to make banana bread and they are so easy and simple, there are no more excuses to through away over ripe bananas anymore and the possibilities are endless and kids love it too!