VEGAN CAKE RECIPE
Everybody needs a little bit of cake in their lives and being vegan means no different, you can still make, bake and eat a delicious slice of the cake of your choice in a plant-based and cruelty-free form. especially nowadays we seem to be spending more time in the kitchen making things from scratch, so it’s the perfect excuse to learn how to bake a cake! Luckily there are many vegan cake recipes that you can follow simply and easily from the comfort of your own home. As long as you’ve got an oven and all your ingredients your set and ready to go, with no chef skills required anyone can get their baking on!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
When thinking vegan cake recipes chocolate defiantly tops the list. We’re ideally looking to follow an easy vegan chocolate cake recipe that provides all the rich, fluffy, and creaminess we all desire when taking the first bite. So here is a vegan chocolate cake recipe for you!
First things first we need to ensure we have all the ingredients that go into making your cake.
- 1 1⁄4 cups of milk (soymilk, almond milk, oat milk) – any milk of your choice in fact.
- 2/3 cups of vegan butter (Flora Plant makes a great one for baking)
- 3 tbsp. of any liquid sweetener (maple syrup, golden syrup, agave, etc.)
- 2 1⁄4 cups of flour (all-purpose flour works better than cake flour)
- 3⁄4 cups of sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tbsp. of cocoa powder (unsweetened is best for achieving a rich chocolate flavor)
- 3 tsp baking powder (essential for the rising process)
- 1 tsp baking soda
Now you have all your ingredients we work on how to combine them to ensure this vegan chocolate cake recipe moist as possible.
1. oven should be on180 degrees C
2. Melt butter and liquid sweetener of your choice in a saucepan until melted
3. Mix together all your dry ingredients in a bowl
4. Pour the melted mixture and milk into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth 5. Pour into the baking tray of your choice
6. Put it into the oven for around 35-40 minutes
And just in those few easy steps, you have yourself a simple vegan cake recipe that is moist, rich, and satisfying and is perfect for anyone vegan or not to enjoy!
VEGAN GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES
Another crowd favorite amongst the chocolate vegan cake recipes is the German chocolate cake. Now since you have already learned how to make the base of your chocolate cake all that’s needed is to create the 2 types of frosting which make it German.
Coconut frosting ingredients
1. 1 cup brown/white sugar
2. 1⁄2 coconut oil
3. 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (the thick canned version works best for ultimate creaminess) 4. 1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
5. 1 cup pecans (chopped into small pieces)
6. 1 cup coconut shreds
Mix all ingredients in a pan on a low heat until a smooth consistency is reached. Add pecans and coconut shreds and combine
Let is cool and top over your cake
Chocolate frosting ingredients
1. 1⁄2 cup vegan butter
2. 1/3 cups plant-based milk 3. 1⁄2 cups cocoa powder
4. 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Combine all in a large bowl and combine until a thick and smooth consistency is reached
VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE RECIPE
Sticking with the chocolate theme lets talk banana cake, one of the trendiest baked goods during the lockdown period has defiantly been banana cake, everyone and their brother has hopped on the trend, so why not try it out, with a chocolaty twist of course.
1. 4 ripe bananas (make sure they’re spotty and a bit brown in color) 2. 1⁄2 cup sugar
3. 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
4. 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
5. 2 tsp baking powder
6. 1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
7. chocolate chips (optional for extra chocolate)
1. smash bananas until no more lumps can be seen
2. add all wet ingredients to bananas and mix until smooth
3. add dry ingredients to wet mixture and combine until the texture is smooth 4. pour the mixture into a pan and bake for 45 mins at 180 degrees
HEALTHY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
Your cakes don’t always have to be packed full of sugar and unhealthy, there are many ways we can adapt recipes to make healthier versions of our favorite treats.
In order to make cakes healthier, we need to adapt the sugar content, using natural sweeteners instead of processed sugars will make these recipes a little bit better for you, Date paste or pure coconut sugar work well. Another thing you could do is replace the white flour with either wholegrain or oat flour but eaten in moderation because the cake is cake.
So now you have some delicious vegan chocolate cake recipes and these can be adapted to fit whatever variation you trying to make. Play around with them maybe add some coffee powder or cinnamon for an extra twist or change it up completely and add fresh fruits and flavored icings for some extra fun creativity.