Everything You Need to Know about Vegan Cheese Fondue and How to Make It at Home
Who doesn’t love a pot of melted cheese? Cheese fondue is a classic dish that everyone loves to get a piece of, even my fellow veggies. Whilst being true to a plant-based lifestyle comes with many pros, one of the downsides that people often encounter is the fact that they miss out on their favorite treats, however, I’m here to change that by showing you how to create the best dairy-free cheese fondue using this easy vegan cheese fondue recipe at home.
The Best Vegan Fondue Recipe
Making vegan cheese fondue may sound a little complicated and unachievable but by following these simple steps you won’t even believe the result you create. Sometimes non cheese fondue recipes require hours of work and preparation but this recipe is simple and easy to follow with no kitchen or culinary experience needed. To make this vegan/vegetarian fondue recipe you’ll need :
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large potato
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons tapioca starch
- Peel and chop the potato and transfer it to a medium-sized pot. Drain and rinse your chickpeas and add them to your potatoes, add salt, and cover with water to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once your ingredients have been boiled and are soft remove them from the heat, drain, and transfer them into a blender.
- Heat the oil and minced garlic in a pan and fry until golden and set aside to rest.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your blender already containing your chickpeas and potatoes and blend on high speed until well combined and smooth with no visible lumps or bumps.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with your minced garlic and olive oil and allow to simmer over medium heat for around 5 minutes or until it reaches a more stretchy and almost elastic texture.
- Once you are happy with the texture of your vegan cheese fondue, transfer it into a pot ready to serve and enjoy.
And just as easy and as simple as that your very own homemade vegan cheese fondue is done and ready to be enjoyed by family, friends, and loved ones.
How To Serve Your Vegan Cheese Fondue
Ensuring you have the best vegan cheese fondue is the main part of the puzzle, however, the next most important element is how you serve it and what you serve it with ( the dipping components). Vegan cheese fondue is best served in a small round pot that can be placed either over an open flame or any hot surface in order to keep it warm and gooey. This ultimate veggie cheese fondue also requires dipping components which are completely up to you and your personal preferences, however, some of the best things to dip into your cheese fondue include :
- Steamed veggies
- Tempura mushrooms
- Roasted potatoes
And there you have it, the perfect vegan cheese fondue for you to make from the comfort of your own home!
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?