Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Who doesn’t love a delicious, rich soft chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven? No one! Having the perfect recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies is essential to every household. A vegan cookie recipe chocolate chip should be easy to follow but continuously produce the most ooey-gooey, melt in the middle chocolate chip cookie that can be eaten warm, cold, for breakfast, for tea, for dessert, and even on birthdays. It’s a standard and staple recipe that although easy has to be just perfect and that why I’m here to help you find the best vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe vegan, vegetarians, meat-eaters, anyone can enjoy!
Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
One of the best vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes is not complicated and believe it or not you probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen.
- 1 cup Flour (all-purpose flour works best)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (vegan of course) of your choice (use chocolate chunks for bigger pieces of chocolate in your cookie)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (coconut oil can also be used)
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. milk (any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
Now that you have all your ingredients set out and ready to go all you need to do is follow these simple directions to produce your delectable and oh so tasty chocolate chip cookie!
- Add together the flour, sugar (both brown and white), baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Once combined add the wet ingredients olive oil, milk, and vanilla extract to your dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined and a cookie dough texture is achieved. Once you are happy with the consistency of your dough (more milk can be added If too dry) add in all your chocolate chips and give it one last mix.
- Collect all your dough into one big ball and cover will cellophane and refrigerate for around 2-3 hours (this process is optional but will provide and gooier and soft texture to your cookie)
- Now make sure your oven is preheated to 180’C
- Either line a baking sheet with parchment paper or simply spray “cooking spray” of your choice until the entire sheet is covered
- Then form your dough into smaller shaped balls (roughly about the size of an ice cream scoop) Place these along with your greased baking sheet
- Place them into the oven for 10-12 minutes until they have spread out
- Once removed from the oven allow them to cool for around 10 minutes before removing them
And just like that, you have yourself the perfect chocolate chip cookie by simply following this easy vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If you’re gluten-free and think you can never enjoy a warm chocolate chip cookie again, you are wrong, there are so many easy ways to adapt this vegan chocolate chip recipe to make it gluten-free and so that anyone can enjoy.
The first thing that is important is to replace the flour, lucky for you there are many gluten-free flour options including oat flour, almond flour, buckwheat flour, chickpea flour, and even coconut flour. Simply pick any flour of your choice and replace the exact measurements with it. Now just continue following the recipe as it stands but be sure to double-check the brand of chocolate chips as sometimes these can contain gluten too. The only other thing about replacing regular flour with a gluten-free option is that your dough may appear drier, if this is what you experience don’t worry it’s an easy fix, just add a dash more milk bit by bit until the perfect consistency is reached.
And there you have it the best vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe that anyone and everyone can enjoy, easy to follow, simple ingredients, and delicious taste!
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?