How To Create a Delicious and Easy Dairy-Free Creamed Spinach Recipe at Home
Spinach, a simple and basic plant-based ingredient that is used in many traditional and non-traditional dishes throughout the entire world, an ingredient that is not only loved by many but also comes with a multitude of amazing health benefits that grants it its very own celebratory day known as fresh spinach day. Spinach is one of the most versatile ingredients and is eaten in many shapes and forms, from fresh in summer salads to hearty curries and Greek-inspired pastries you simply cannot go wrong with a delightful side of vegetarian creamed spinach too. There are so many wonderful things you can make with spinach and in this article, I will be showing you exactly how to make the most delicious and nutritious creamed vegan spinach recipe that you can make from scratch.
Vegan Creamed Spinach Recipe
Creamed spinach is not only a healthy side component to any meal but a delicious one too and even better an extremely easy one to make from home. In accordance with Fresh Spinach Day and the celebration behind the simple yet effective and oh so, versatile ingredient here is something you can recreate to join in the celebrations too. To make this simple and easy dairy-free creamed spinach recipe, you’ll need:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 people
The first step to creating any recipe and this vegan creamed spinach one too is to gather all the necessary ingredients, making sure you have enough of each. For this, you’ll need :
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice (unsweetened cashew milk works best)
- 2 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¾ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
Once you have gathered and ensured you have all the necessary ingredients you can begin to start cooking up your vegan creamed spinach recipe by simply following the step-by-step directions below.
- Preheat a large pan of medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once fully heated add your spinach with a pinch of salt and pepper and allow to cook until wilted and half the size. Once completely soft, transfer to a colander and allow the water to drain off.
- While you are resting your sauteed spinach, grab a medium saucepan and whisk together your plant-based milk of choice ( unsweetened cashew nut milk ), flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder and stir to combine well. Whisk thoroughly and consistently for approximately 5 minutes or until your mixture begins to thicken up.
- Turn off the heat and gently begin to fold in your already sauteed spinach, adding a little more salt and pepper as you do so.
- Transfer your creamy spinach mixture to a container of your choice and set it aside ready to enjoy your delicious meal.
And just as quick and easy as that you’ve got yourself a delightful, healthy, and nutritious creamy vegan spinach recipe that can be enjoyed alongside a roast dinner, BBQ, or as a dip with bread and crackers. This recipe is a great family favorite and a yummy alternative way to contribute to celebrating Fresh Spinach Day by enjoying the product simply for its delicious taste and versatility.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to celebrating simple ingredients and ingredients that come directly from our earth it is important to keep the nature and taste of such ingredients and that why a vegan creamed spinach recipe is a great way to go. Don’t get me wrong, there are loads of simple and easy vegan spinach recipes that one can also create at home, all guaranteed to be packed full of flavor and taste, plus it’s a great way to get in one of your five a day without even realizing.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?