A Simple Vegan Curry Recipe To Make at Home
As the temperature is beginning to drop, and we are approaching the months of fall, there is nothing more crave-able than a warming, hearty and delicious dish. A simple vegan curry should be a staple recipe during the season, something that is easy to make, pack full of flavor, and is healthy and nutritious too.
The truth is, although it may sound a little complicated, creating a vegan curry is actually relatively easy and there are so many ways and options you can make. Whether you’re feeling a little spicy for an Indian or adventurous for a Thai, curry has endless combinations that are sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
How To Make Vegan Curry
Anyone can make a vegan curry dish, provided you have the right recipe, a lot of seasoning, a kitchen surface, and a little bit of patience of course. This vegetarian Indian curry recipe is one of my all-time favorites when it comes to flavors, taste, and warmth, it is also easy to make and adaptable to personal preferences.
Vegan Indian Curry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 Large
The first step in creating any curry recipe is to ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients at hand and ready to go, for this delicious Indian veggie Tikka masala you’ll need :
- One large onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ inch ginger (peeled)
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ turmeric
- ¼ tampon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt to taste
Once you have ensured that you have all your ingredients, you’re ready to start creating the best vegetarian curry recipe.
- The first step is to get to combine half the onion, your garlic, ginger, cilantro, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a food processor and blitz until well combined. This process is extremely important as it will make the base of flavor for your curry, you should ensure that the mixture is not smooth and rather a little bitty. Once completed, set aside for later use.
- Next in your easy vegan curry creation process, you’ll need a large pan which should be placed over medium heat. Add your remaining tablespoon of olive oil, along with the rest of your onion and all of your spices, stir well and allow to browning for about 10 minutes.
- Once golden, add your canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, half the can of coconut milk, and your already blitzed onion and cilantro mix to the pan, combine well and allow to cook for a further 5 – 7 minutes.
- Next, you are going to add in your cauliflower and chopped carrots and allow simmering for 20 minutes or until they are slightly softened.
- Once the veggies are slightly more tender, add in your canned chickpeas, frozen peas, and the remainder of your coconut milk to your mixture, stir well, and allow cooking for another 5-20 minutes or until the peas are heated fully.
- Remove from heat and serve!
And just like that, you have created one of the best vegan curry recipes, this recipe is best served with rice and a side of naan bread if you’re treating yourself. It is healthy, satisfying, and packed full of flavor and is also a great way to impress guests with your cooking skills, without wasting any unnecessary time and effort. These quick vegan curry recipes can also be easily adapted by switching out any of the vegetables for the ones of your choice, adding tofu for more protein, and using a light coconut milk alternative for a healthier alternative.
At the End of the Day
As you can see, creating the best vegan curry is really not all that difficult, and with the right fresh ingredients and tasty traditional spices, the end result is sure to be worth it. So the next time you’re feeling like sitting down to enjoy a warming, tasty, and filling meal why not get your apron on and head to the kitchen to try out this delicious vegan, gluten-free curry of dreams.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?