How to Make Easy Vegan French Toast – How to Make Vegan French Toast Recipe
Simple Vegan French Toast
This toast is one of the most popular breakfast dishes, along with egg Benedict, not only in France but also in other countries. You can make both sweet and neutral toast, which will go well with, for example, salmon.
Vegan French Toast: What Kind of Bread?
In European countries, brioche is often used – a bun, very soft and airy, with a sweet creamy taste. Thanks to its porous structure, it perfectly absorbs the egg mixture.
The amount of sugar that needs to be added to the egg mixture also depends on the bread: for example, brioche makes sweet toasts well, because it is sweet itself.
How to Make Easy Vegan French Toast?
You can cook toast from any bread – both freshly baked and even a little stale. Of course, in restaurants they usually use fresh, but at home, this is not necessary. It is important to remember one thing: the fresher your bread, the faster it absorbs liquid. Accordingly, such a piece will be enough to literally dip in the egg mixture for a few seconds, and the older one will have to be held longer.
How to Make Vegan French Toast?
You can use absolutely any bread, depending on your preferences. Black, white, gray, rolls, baguette, or with various additives. Stale baked goods are said to be tastier. There are 3 ways to make vegan French toast.
What Is in Vegan French Toast?
Eggs – 2, 4-6 slices of yesterday’s bread, cinnamon – ¼ teaspoon, sugar – 2 teaspoons, vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon, Coconut oil for frying.
Cut the bread into thick enough pieces. This recipe is for about four 2.5 cm slices of bread or six 2 cm thick slices.
Whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla. Mix the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk them until the mixture is light yellow and smooth.
If you don’t have a skillet with a good non-stick coating, then take a regular skillet and grease it with oil. You will need about 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter or coconut oil. Let the skillet heat up properly. To make sure the temperature is right.
Add bread into the mixture first with one side and then the other. Leave the bread in the mixture for a few seconds to completely soak. Then take out a slice of bread and let the excess mixture drain before continuing.
Place a slice of bread in a hot skillet and toast on each side. Toast the toast on one side for 2-4 minutes, then turn it over with a spatula and cook for another 4 minutes. The toast is done when it is golden brown and crispy.
If your skillet is large enough to fit several slices of bread, do so, but make sure the slices do not touch each other.
How Do You Make Vegan French Toast
4 large eggs, coconut milk – ⅔ cup, a pinch of salt, vanilla extract – about 2 teaspoons, salt – about ¼ teaspoon,10-12 pieces of yesterday’s bread, Coconut oil for frying, sugar – about 2 teaspoons
How to Make Vegan French Toast: Recipe
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Mix vanilla extract, coconut milk, salt, and sugar.
- Heat a skillet (medium). A nonstick skillet works best for toasting French toast, but if you don’t have one, you can use a regular one. A regular frying pan must be greased with oil. Add about 1 tablespoon (15 g) of coconut oil and wait for the pan to warm up well (a drop of water in the pan should sizzle).
- Add bread into the mixture. Make sure the slice of bread has absorbed enough of the mixture and soaked evenly. Remove a slice of bread from the mixture and hold it over a bowl for a while to drain off excess liquid.
- Toast in a skillet on both sides. Put a slice of bread on the stove. If the pan is large enough to accommodate several toasts, add several, but remember not to let them touch each other. Roast the bread for 2-4 minutes, turn it over with a spatula, and grill on the other side for another 2-4 minutes. The toast is done when it is crispy and golden brown.
What Do You Use Instead of Eggs for Vegan French Toast?
1 cup (240 ml) almond, banana – vegan egg substitute French toast – 1, Coconut oil’s bread – 6 slices, vanilla extract(about ½ teaspoon, cinnamon (about 1 teaspoon)
Vegan French Toast How to
- Refrigerate coconut milk. If you want to make whipped coconut cream for French toast, then you need to refrigerate the coconut milk the night before. Place the entire carton of coconut milk in the refrigerator. Do not shake, as you want the cream to separate from the milk.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch pieces. For best results, use yesterday’s baguette or loaf. If the 2.5 cm pieces seem too thick, cut them 2 cm thick.
- Combine banana, milk, and spices until smooth. Peel the bananas put them in a blender. Add almond milk, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract to these. Mix everything until a homogeneous, thick mass is obtained.
- If you find the mixture too sweet, add ½ teaspoon of salt.
- All this can be done with your hands, but remember that the resulting mass should not contain pieces of banana.
- If you don’t have almond milk (or don’t like it), you can use any other plant-based milk, such as coconut or soy milk.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a shallow bowl, and then dip a slice of bread into it.
- Heat a large skillet.
- Toast on each side. Toast in a skillet on one side for 3-4 minutes. Turn it over with a spatula and grill on the other side for another 3-4 minutes. Once the toast is crispy and golden brown, remove it from the pan and onto a plate.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?