The Perfect Vegan Funfetti Cake Recipe for Any Occasion: Making Homemade Funfetti Cake
Who doesn’t love a delicious, rich, sweet, and moist cake with layers of vanilla sponge, sweet frosting, and colorful sprinkles, I think I can speak for everyone when I say no one. The truth is being a vegan takes away a lot of the standard food available for consumption to the public, however, with the inventors and creators of today a vegan funfetti cake is now just as easy to make and turns out just as delicious.
So how can one make an egg-free and dairy-free funfetti cake that is 100 percent plant-based and ethical? Well in this article I’m going to be sharing with you the best of the best vegan funfetti cake recipe that will ensure you are left with the most succulent and satisfying cake that is perfect for any occasion including birthdays, anniversaries, and even just a casual gathering.
How To Make a Vegan Funfetti Cake From Scratch
Making a vegan funfetti cake from your very own kitchen is actually not as hard as it may seem and just requires a little bit of focus, the right ingredients, about an hour of your time, and some dedication to your craft. To make the yummy creation you’ll simply need to follow the recipe below.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 14
The funfetti cake ingredients you’ll need to get in order to create this recipe include :
For the Cake:
- 2 and ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 and ½ cups plant-based milk (soy milk works best)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
For the Frosting:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter of choice
- 4 tablespoons plant-based milk (soy milk works best)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- Extra rainbow sprinkles for decoration
The next step in making your very own homemade funfetti cake is to carefully follow the instructions below.
For the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray two cake tins with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper for later use.
- Grab a mixing bowl and sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix together.
- To this dry ingredient, mixture add your soy milk (or plant-based milk alternative), oil, and vanilla and mix thoroughly with an electric beater or hand whisk until well combined and fully incorporated.
- Once the consistency of your mixture is smooth and your sprinkles and mix in.
- Divide the batter between your two cake tins until both are even.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, testing with a toothpick to ensure it is fully cooked through.
- Once baked through, transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool.
For the Frosting:
- Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, 3 tablespoons of your soy milk, and vanilla to a bowl and begin to mix with an electric beater at a slow gradual speed until a thick and fluffy consistency is formed, slowly begin to add the remaining tablespoon of your soy milk and continue to beat.
- If you wish to create a colorful frosting add the food coloring of your choice to your already creating frosting mixture and beat again.
- Spread with a knife you transfer your mixture to a piping bag and gently ice both tops of each cake.
- Put one cake on top of the other, pipe the edges, and decorate with as many sprinkles as your heart desires.
- Serve and enjoy!
And just like that, you have learned exactly how to make a funfetti cake from scratch, using only plant-based and natural ingredients to achieve the tastiest and delicious result. You can also make a fully gluten-free funfetti cake recipe by just switching out the flour to any gluten-free alternative of your choice including oat flour, almond flour, and rice flour so that everyone gets to enjoy a slice.
What We Have LearnedFrom this, you can see just how easy it is to create a fully vegan, dairy-free, and eggless funfetti cake from your very own kitchen. It is the perfect cake recipe for every occasion and is loved by everyone from the kids to the grandparents and the best part is you get to take all the credit for your amazing creation that will keep everyone coming back for more.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?