Simple and Easy Steps to Creating a Delicious Vegan Macaroni Salad: You Should Try It!
Right now the weather is warm, the sun is out, and we are ready to ease all the wonderful things the outdoor barbecue season has to offer. When it comes to the season we never forget, one of the most important elements of making it so memorable is the food. From the main event to the unforgettable and delectable sides, ensuring all your vegan and veggie options are up to scratch is of the utmost importance. Having a well-balanced, creamy at most all-satisfying macaroni salad vegan and cruelty-free is an essential element of any good barbecue, and I’m going to be showing you exactly how to make it from your very own kitchen.
How To Make an Easy Vegan Macaroni Salad
Making the perfect vegetarian macaroni salad for your summer barbecue is only a few steps away and is actually a lot easier than you might think. So how does one get a creamy, flavorful and craving satisfying macaroni salad without any animal products at all? It’s simple: an eggless macaroni salad requires minimal ingredients and a few dedicated moments of your time. To make this delicious vegan macaroni salad recipe you’ll simply need :
- Prep Time: 10 minutes;
- Cook Time: 10 minutes;
- Servings: 10;
- Calories: 409Kcal.
For the Pasta
- 450g elbow macaroni;
- 1 medium red bell pepper;
- 4 celery stalks;
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes;
- ½ cup scallion;
- ½ fresh basil.
For the Dressings
- ⅔ raw cashew nuts;
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise of choice;
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar;
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup / agave;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard;
- 2 teaspoons dill;
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder;
- 2 tablespoon water;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Once you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, it’s time to assemble your dairy free macaroni salad.
- The first step is to start with the process that will take the longest , in this case soaking your raw cashews in a bowl with warm water for about an hour before using.
- Next is to cook your elbow macaroni until perfectly al dente.
- The last part of the more tedious process is to cut and chop all your fresh produce.
- Now we can begin making the dressing, for you will need to drain your previously soaked cashews and add them to a blender along with your vegan mayo, white wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and water and then blend until a smooth consistency is formed.
- Next, add your cooked macaroni to a large bowl of your choice and simply add all your chopped veggies and give it a stir.
- The final step is to add your blended creamy sauce to your pasta and veggies and toss until all is evenly covered.
- Cover your bowl and place in the fridge for about an hour until all the flavors are well developed and your perfect vegan macaroni salad is ready for serving.
Gluten-free Macaroni Salad Recipe
Lucky for you this particular macaroni salad recipe is not only vegan but can also easily be made gluten-free with one simple adaptation, the pasta. To make this yummy, delicious, and creamy vegan macaroni salad gluten-free you’ll need to swap our regular elbow macaroni for a gluten-free alternative, this could include lentil pasta, chickpeas pasta, rice pasta, or any other gluten-free option that lives up to your preferences.
Now that you have learned how to make a healthy, delicious, and crowd-pleasing vegan macaroni salad no mayo, no eggs, no dairy, or any animal products for that matter, you are well on your way to ensuring that your summer barbecue is the best your family and friends have ever encountered. This recipe is not only ultra-satisfying , light and refreshing but also a great accompaniment to many other dishes too.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?