Vegan Omelet – Read Now To Know How To Cook The Best Dishes Step By Step
Almost everyone in the world loves an omelet or scrambled eggs for breakfast because this dish is easy to prepare and varied in its presentation, but not everyone knows how to make a vegan omelet without eggs. If you have been looking for and wanting to cook such a treat for a long time, then this article will be useful for you.
A vegan omelet is an ideal dish with proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, and vitamins. The great charge for the whole day.
A delicious vegetarian chickpea omelet is an Indian meal. Eggless omelet is cooked and based on chickpea flour, with the addition of fresh herbs and spices, and in the finished form with its slightly crispy crust and interspersed with a multicolored placer of filling, it looks a bit like an egg omelet, hence the name.
The dish is simple, hearty, tasty, and easy to prepare. A non-whimsical base of chickpea flour allows you to safely experiment with the filling. The main thing is that all the components are very finely chopped so that they quickly distribute the mixture over the pan. Try!
We have prepared some cool vegan omelet recipes.
Choose what you like best!
1st Recipe (Vegan Omelet without Tofu)
- 1.5 cups of chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (what you like)
Cooking Instruction for Cooking Chickpea Omelet Vegan:
- To get a ready-made scrambled mixture, you need to mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Shake the mixture for cooking.
- Vegan egg substitute for omelet: Mix 1.3 cups of the mixture with 1/3 cup of water. Stir well and let sit for three minutes. If desired, add up to 1/2 cup of chopped instant vegetables such as spinach, kale, roasted red peppers, olives, or tomatoes. You can also add pre-cooked ingredients such as mushrooms or broccoli.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles on top of it. Then pour some dough into the pan so that it spreads, and you get a circle with a diameter of 10-15 centimeters. Cover the skillet with the transparent lid and fry without opening too often until the surface of the omelet is no longer wet and shiny and the underside is lightly brown. Lift the corner of the omelet with a spatula to check.
- When the underside is browned, turn your egg-free omelet over and fry a couple more minutes (covered). Make sure the center of the omelet is not soggy; raw flour tastes bad.
- Put the scramble on a plate and set it aside in a warm place while you cook the rest of the layers.
- When the omelet is ready, enjoy the dish!
2nd Recipe of Vegan Omelet
Rustic or Spanish vegan omelet chickpea flour is a delicious and sunny dish.
- 100 g of chickpea flour
- 250 ml of water (150 + 100 ml)
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs of green onions for garnish
- to taste salt, pepper
How to Make an Eggless Omelet?
Firstly, prepare everything you need, then:
- Clean the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices, 2-3 mm thick.
- Onions – in half rings.
- Put the pan on the fire, add oil.
- Spread the potatoes and onions.
- Stir and lightly fry.
- Add 150 ml of water for covering the vegetables. And simmer under the lid until readiness. Make sure that it does not burn – the water in a thin layer can boil away. Salt to taste.
- Mix chickpea flour and water: 100 g flour + 100 g water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Shift the finished potatoes and onions from the pan into the chickpea mixture.
- Mix gently.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Carefully lay out our mixture.
- Fry until tender, then you can decorate with darkening.
- A tasty and healthy vegan chickpea flour omelet is ready!
3 Is the High Protein Vegan Chickpea Omelet Recipe
- Flour (chikpea) – 150 g
- Turmeric – 0.25 tsp
- Caraway seeds – 0.25 tsp
- Coriander – 1 tsp
- Salt – 0.5 tsp (+ to taste)
- Drinking water – 200 ml
- Tomato – 100 g
- Sweet pepper (peeled) – 100 g
- Red onion – 50-70 g
- Parsley / coriander – 11 g
- Ginger root – 1-2 cm (4-8 g)
- Hummus (chickpea flour + tahini + olive oil + garlic + lemon juice)
- Chili pepper – 2-3 cm (5 g)
- Vegetable oil – as needed (for frying)
How to Make a Vegan Omelet?
- Mix these components: chickpea flour, turmeric, cumin seeds, coriander, and salt.
- Pour in 200 ml of cold drinking water. Mix everything thoroughly so that there are no lumps left, stay a mixture for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the parsley (or coriander), red onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, and a small piece of hot peppers chopped. Peel and grate the ginger root.
- Sweet peppers, instead of chopping, can be grated on a coarse grater.
- Add all the prepared ingredients, along with the juice released during the cutting process, to the chickpea mixture.
- Mix everything thoroughly, taste the mixture and add more salt to taste if necessary.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and brush, in a thin layer, brush over it with vegetable oil. Add about 4-5 tablespoons to the skillet of the resulting mixture. If necessary, tilt the pan slightly in different directions to evenly distribute the mixture over the pan’s bottom.
- Fry the resulting chickpea omelet to do the surface of the dough is dull, and the underside is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the surface of the omelet with a little vegetable oil (about 0.5-1 tsp).
- Then fry another side for 1-1.5 minutes. Put the hot omelet to a plate and add hummus, if desired, using this ingredient you will get a vegan hummus omelet.
- Vegan egg omelet but without eggs, that is very important, is ready.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?