Delicious and Healthy Vegan Pho Recipes for You To Recreate From Scratch
Pho is a delicious Vietnamese delicacy, a meal that is made up of some kind of soup or broth, a noodle, a source of protein, and various Asian vegetables. Vietnamese food has recently become a lot more popular around the globe with many new pho places opening up, bringing a warming, hearty but healthy meal to its customers. Veganism doesn’t mean you have to miss out on this and while many of the newest places now serve vegan pho options I’m going to be providing you the best vegetarian pho recipe that you can use to create the delicious delicacy from your very own kitchen whenever you want and find the perfect plant-based combinations that satisfy all your cravings and personal preferences.
How To Make Vegan Pho
Making a pho soup recipe vegan is actually a lot easier than it may sound just requires some simple ingredients, a bit f time, and some cooking enthusiasm. To begin making your tasty vegan pho recipe you’ll need to start by gathering your ingredients, following these simple directions and grab yourself a bowl and a napkin to dig in.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 2
For the broth
- 100g rice noodles
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cloves
- Sliced ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Soy sauce to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
For the toppings: (you can choose whatever combination you’d like)
- Fresh basil
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
- Green onions
- Mung bean sprouts
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Lime wedges
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients you need to make your healthy vegetarian pho recipe, next you’ll simply need to create a broth, add your toppings and assemble it all together.
- Add vegetable broth, water, onion, garlic, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon to a large pot and bring to a boil, cover and allow cooking for 25 minutes, taste and add the amount of soy sauce you prefer.
- Next in a separate bowl, boil some water and add your rice noodles and allow to cook, this only takes about 3 -5 minutes.
- In a bowl of choice, add your noodles, top with a ladle or two of broth, and then add any of the toppings you desire (my favorite is fresh cilantro, mushrooms, tofu, green onions, and a little of sriracha for that extra kick).
Just as simple and as easy as that you have yourself delicious and nutritious homemade vegetarian pho recipe that you can adjust to your exact preferences. This recipe is great for a family cooking night, an Asian-inspired dinner, or a simple stay on Saturday night, it’s kid-friendly and almost impossible not to love it.
At the End of the Day
This easy vegan pho recipe really captures the essence of what veganism truly is, healthy, flavorful, and delicious plant-based meals made with whole foods that are not only good for your health but for the environment too. It is a classic example of just how easy it is to create absolutely delicious vegan meals that are just as quick, simple, and cost-effective to make as the “normal” version of just meals, and also that missing out is never an option.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?