Vegan Pizza Dough
Pizza, pizza, pizza, we all know it, we all love it. There is always a time and a place for enjoying a freshly made pizza, with all the toppings of your choice covered in melted cheese and a tomato base, you simply cannot go wrong. Since we seem to be spending a lot more time at home than normal, most of us have ventured into the kitchen in an attempt to create our favorite takeaway meals from the comfort of our homes and pizza is no exception, in fact, I think it tops the list for the best of the best. Although homemade vegan pizza dough may sound slightly overwhelming in complication, it is actually quite simple once you’ve gathered your ingredients and understand the process, and the best part about this eggless pizza dough and the fully vegan pizza base is that it doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or equipment.
How to Make Vegan Pizza Dough
The first step in creating your absolutely fabulous and delicious pizza is to gather all the ingredients you’ll need to create this easy vegan pizza dough recipe
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (oat flour, rice flour, or coconut flour can be used for a gluten-free alternative) bear in mind you may need more flour for your surfaces.
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cups water
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, lay them in front of you too may the assembling process extra smooth and easy.
- The first step in creating your vegan pizza dough is to combine your flour, instant yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl. To this add your olive oil and water and mix well with your hands, kneading the dough slowly until it’s soft and no longer sticky. (if you find your dough to be too sticky don’t hesitate to add extra flour until you are completely happy with the consistency)
- Next with a little bit of extra olive oil, coat your kneaded dough and cover it with a kitchen towel or cellophane, and set it aside to rise. The aim of this process is for the dough to double in size, this usually takes around two to three hours.
- Next preheat your oven to 250C, ready for when you need to place your pizza bases in.
- Following this divide your dough in half and roll each out on a floured surface until the desired thickness and shape is reached.
- Once you have achieved your perfect pizza base shapes place each onto a lined baking tray.
This is the basic recipe for creating an easy vegan pizza dough and now the fun part really begins and that’s all about the sauce, toppings, and cheese where options are so endless that you can truly have exactly what you feel like.
Vegan Pizza Ingredients
The next step in the pizza dough recipe, vegan, easy, and of course delicious is the toppings. So you have now successfully created your pizza base and placed it onto a baking tray, ready to enter the oven, but there’s one very important step we need to take before the cooking can commence. The first part of this process is to pick your tomato sauce and cheese (vegan focused) the tomato sauce can be homemade or store-bought depending on your preference and vegan cheese options are endless nowadays, whether you opt for mature cheddar, mozzarella, or even brie, you have completely free reign. Once your tomato sauce and cheese is applied its time for your choice of toppings, add whatever your heart desires from fresh tomatoes and spinach to olives, fake meat, and caramelized onions, go wild! Once this step is complete simply pop your topped pizza base into the oven and allow to cook for around 15 minutes depending on your toppings or until golden brown and crispy and then remove and enjoy!
As you can see making your very own vegan pizza dough from scratch is not as hard as it seems and in my opinion, it may even be better than a takeaway purely because of the fact that you can add as many toppings as you want! It is also a great way to get the whole family involved in the meal preparation and a fun little activity too. So if your craving pizza and you’re stuck indoors, pull out this recipe and get going, you won’t be disappointed.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?