All About How To Create the Perfect Vegan Quesilla From Your Very Own Kitchen
The humble quesadilla is a classic Mexican dish that most commonly includes, tortillas, beef, cheese, guacamole, and salsa of some sort, however, the contents vary depending on personal preferences. The cheesy goodness of a quesadilla should not be missed in any diet whether that may be vegan or vegetarian. Lucky for you there is many plant-based alternatives to traditional quesadillas that are both equally delicious and satisfying. I’m going to be showing you exactly how to make the best vegan quesadilla from scratch. There are many variations of vegetarian and vegan quesadilla ideas and fillings that you’re bound to found a combination you love.
How To Make Vegetarian Quesadillas
This vegetarian quesadilla recipe easy and simple to follow always produces the tastiest result and the best part is it requires little to no cooking and only a fraction of your time to make. For this recipe you’ll need :
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Bell peppers
- Sweet corn
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Shredded cheese of choice
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground cumin
- Canned Black beans
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized pan and sauté all veggies for around 5-6 minutes. Add in your cumin, sea salt, and black pepper and stir in with the veggie mix. Once cooked through and tender, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium pan on medium heat add your tortilla to the center, top with cheese of choice spreading evenly. To this add a generous amount of your veggie mixture on 1 side of the tortilla and sprinkles some freshly cut cilantro.
- Fold over the other side of the tortilla, flip and allow browning slightly.
- Once you are happy with the cook and the melt of the cheese, turn off the heat and transfer your tortilla to a plate and enjoy.
And just like that, you have created the best vegetarian quesadilla recipe in a matter of minutes. You can now enjoy your cheesy veggie goodness with a choice of dips including salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, or simply on its own.
The Best Vegan Quesadilla Recipe
If you are looking to completely veganism your quesadilla recipe, then just a few simple adjustments need to be made to achieve the perfect result. To make a completely plant-based version of the veggie quesadilla recipe you’ll need to either remove the cheese or replace it with a vegan alternative, load up on the veggies and omit the sour cream from your variety of dipping selections. You can also include a sprinkle of garlic and fresh lime for added flavor if you prefer.
The Bottom Line
And just like that, you have learned how to make the most delicious and healthy vegetarian quesadilla with an equally tasty vegan option that the whole family can enjoy. The thing about quesadillas is the filling options are almost endless, you can stuff whatever your heart desires in between your flour tortilla and call it a meal. It is an easy and satiating meal that can be enjoyed throughout the week. So the next time you’re faced with what to make for lunch why don’t you give this flavorful Mexican-inspired vegetarian or vegan quesadilla recipe a try and see for yourself.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?