How To Make Vegan Ranch Dressing: Easy Recipes for Vegetarian
Having a creamy salad dressing recipe is an essential part of any diet type. Ranch dressing is a classic that people use for a multitude of different things, including in their salads or even for french fry dipping. This creamy goodness store bought is not typically vegan, however, there are plenty of ways you can make your very own homemade vegan ranch dressing. There’s no need to miss out on the crowd’s favorites or have to crave something you simply cannot enjoy. This recipe is one of the best out there and is sure to give you the full ranch dressing experience without having to ignore your plant-based and cruelty-free requirements.
Is Ranch Dressing Vegan?
Many if not all of the store-bought ranch dressings are not vegan-friendly. This is because they mostly contain mayonnaise, which is made using egg yolks. However, this doesn’t mean that vegans cannot enjoy ranch dressing altogether, it simply just needs to be vegan. While there are many vegan ranch dressings brands available to us, they have a reputation of tasting a bit “off”.
They are also extremely unhealthy and full of oils and preservatives to make up for the lack of flavor and texture the egg yolks bring. But, don’t worry, you’ll still be getting your ranch fix with this delicious vegan, dairy-free ranch dressing recipe easy to create and simple to execute.
How To Make Vegan Ranch Dressing
Making an easy vegan ranch dressing is not as complicated as you may think. It simply requires the correct ingredients, a little time and patience, and of course a good attitude. There are no kitchen skills or chef expertise required, and you’re bound to impress your family with the end result.
Best Vegan Ranch Dressing
Prep Time: 5 minutes;
Cook Time: 5 minutes;
Servings: 1 ½ cups;
Calories: 58 Kcal, per serving.
The first step in creating this tasty and satisfying creamy plant-based ranch dressing is to gather all the necessary ingredients ready for assembling. For this, you’ll need:
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashew nuts;
- ½ non-dairy milk yogurt of choice (using coconut-based or soy-based works best);
- ¼ canned coconut milk “lite”;
- 1 ¼ tablespoon white wine vinegar;
- 1 teaspoon onion powder;
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder;
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard;
- ½ teaspoon dried dill;
- Salt to taste.
Once you have gathered all the ingredients you need to make your vegan cashew ranch dressing, you can now begin the assembling process by carefully following the instructions below.
- The first step in the process is to examine the speed and power of your blender. If you do not have a high powered blender, you will first need to soak your cashew nuts in warm water for about 6-12 in order for them to soften. If you have a high powered blender, then get it ready for mixing.
- The next step is to add all your ingredients apart from the dill to your blender. Let it blend for a couple of minutes and stop every so often to scrape the excess from the sides. Keep repeating this process until you are left with a smooth and creamy texture where no lumps and bumps can be seen.
- Once you are happy with the consistency of your vegan ranch dressing, simply transfer it to a container of your choice and stir in the dried dill (this is done afterward so that your dressing does not turn green).
- Now you should be left with a creamy off-white mixture with specks of green dill, that can then be transferred to the fridge to set and thicken for a few hours. This process is essential for creating the thick consistency ranch is known for.
- Once it has been in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight if you wish, you are ready to serve it up and enjoy. This mixture can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks and added to your meals whenever you like.
And just as simple and as easy as that, you have yourself your very own recipe for vegan ranch dressing. It is the perfect addition to enjoy with homemade barbecues, salads, and summer slaws and the perfect gift to bring to dinner parties and family lunches.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, making a vegan or vegetarian ranch dressing from the ranch is a lot easier than it may seem. This way of creating the product also ensures that it is full of good and healthy ingredients, with no preservatives or added sugars. In this way, you can enjoy ranch dressing whenever you like and never have to feel left out of the crowd.
So the next time you have a craving, why not get your chef’s hat on and have a little fun in the kitchen, and don’t forget to share your product with all your friends and family too.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?