Vegan Ribs Recipe: How to Cook Vegan BBQ Ribs
Vegan ribs are a great option for a weekend in nature! The first warm rays of the sun, weekend – what is not a reason to go out of town to the country? And outdoors is best for grilling and this vegan ribs recipe is perfect for this.
Vegan Ribs Recipe
Ingredients for Vegan Barbecue Ribs:
- 1 cup wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- a pinch of ground pepper;
- ¾ a glass of vegetable broth;
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup.
- ¼ cups of tomato paste;
- ½ cup vegetable broth;
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves:
- ½ teaspoon allspice;
- ½ teaspoon of mustard seeds, ground;
- a pinch of red pepper flakes;
- a pinch of freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, combine wheat gluten, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and ground pepper. In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the vegetable stock, miso paste, tahini, and maple syrup. Stir until smooth. Pour the liquid into the gluten and spice mixture and stir well with a spoon.
- Brush the non-stick baking dish with cooking oil and spread out the dough. Spread it over the surface, trying to cover the entire area of the bottom of the mold.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- While the meat is baking, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Proceed with the sauce for another 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Prepare your grill or ribbed skillet.
- After the vegan ribs near me is baked, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a saucepan of boiling broth. Cook for about 15 minutes. Then take it out of the pan and cut it into 8 pieces.
- Using a pastry brush, brush all sides of the finished meat with sauce and place on the grill (or a greased grill pan). Cook the vegan spare ribs on each side for about 4-6 minutes.
Our delicious vegan BBQ ribs are ready!
Gluten Free Vegan Ribs Recipe
For smoked “ribs” you will need royal oyster mushrooms, they are also Eringi mushrooms or wood boletus.
Eringi are large mushrooms with a long, very thick stem and a rather small cap. The leg of the eringa is dense, when cooked in the section of a white-creamy color, the consistency is very similar to cartilage or squid.
Products for Vegan Short Ribs:
- 2-4 large royal oyster mushrooms, 220-440 g;
- 200 g BBQ sauce;
- 1 tsp corn starch;
- 3-4 tsp warm water;
- 1 tsp liquid smoke;
- vegetable oil for frying.
Cut off the caps from the royal oyster mushrooms, wash the legs. Wipe the legs with a paper towel to keep the mushrooms completely dry. In principle, hats are not needed in this recipe, but you can cook them too.
Fry and Bake
Cut the legs of the royal oyster mushrooms into “ribs” as you wish. I cut each leg lengthwise into 4 pieces of equal thickness. Pour some vegetable oil into a frying pan, heat over medium-high heat.
When the pan is fully heated, fry the mushroom legs on it – 2 minutes on each side. You do not need to overcook.
Preheat oven to 240 ° C. Place the fried mushrooms in a baking dish, top each piece of mushroom with barbecue sauce.
Place on the upper level of the oven, turn on the “grill” mode and hold for 2-2.5 minutes: the sauce will begin to bubble and thicken. Remove the container, turn the mushrooms over to the other side, cover with the sauce again. Place in the oven, grill for 3-4 minutes, being careful not to overexpose the mushrooms
Stir the sauce for avant garde vegan ribs.
In a glass, mix warm water and cornstarch. Pour into barbecue sauce, add liquid smoke, stir. Also you can cook vegan citrus spare ribs. You need to make special sauce. Juice the limes and oranges. Pour into a bowl.
Add vinegar, mustard, minced garlic, finely chopped thyme, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Ojah, a Dutch meat substitute manufacturer, has announced “Heppi,” the world’s first jacked up vegan ribs made from pea protein. The company from the Netherlands is already well known in the market for its chicken substitute products. In December, after extensive research, she will present her new development, pea ribs, at Food Ingredients Europe in the French capital.
Recipe Vegan Ribs
Seitan is a product obtained from wheat flour by separating it into starch and wheat protein called gluten. The homeland of seitan is Japan, but he gained wide popularity throughout Asia: in China, Vietnam, Korea. In these countries, seitan is produced industrially; it can be bought in supermarkets. But the process of its preparation is so simple that locals easily make seitan at home.
Let’s talk a little about the beneficial properties of this amazing product.
Ingredients for Meat for Vegan Ribs Seitan
- Wheat flour – 4 cups;
- Water – 2 glasses;
- Bay leaf
- Soy sauce
- Black peppercorns
Mix wheat flour and water in a 2:1 ratio. Knead a tough dough. There should be no lumps in the dough. Wrap the dough with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then knead the dough again. Pour cold water into a saucepan, place the dough in it, leave it for a while.
After 15 minutes, open the tap with cold water by directing a stream of running water into the container with the dough. Gently begin kneading the dough under running water. Rub the dough with your fingers. You will see the water in the pot turn white. This is because starch is washed out of the dough. You need to continue rinsing the dough under running water, continuously kneading it with your fingers. After about half an hour, about 40% of the original volume will remain in the dough, and the water under it will become clear. This means that all the starch is washed out, and you have almost pure gluten in your hands. It’s time to cook the broth.
Be very responsible when preparing broth, the future taste of seitan depends on it. You may want to add the spices that suit your taste best. Add spices and salt to boiling water. Boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then put the seitan there. Simmer for half an hour. Your seitan is ready. During cooking, it will increase in size and become saturated with the aroma of spices. No need to drain the broth! After all, ready-made seitan is stored in a cooled broth by placing it in the refrigerator. With this storage method, seitan does not lose its taste within a week. Absorbing the aroma of spices more and more, it becomes tastier every day of storage.
Then you need to form vegan seitan ribs and use your favorite sauce above.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?