Learn How To Make The Perfect Authentic Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe From Your Very Own Kitchen
100g g / 0.22 lb
75 g g / 0.165 lb
800g g / 1.764 lb
vegetable stock cube
- fresh basil
Veganism is a diet and a lifestyle choice that omits all animal and animal-derived products from one’s life. This means that a person does not consume any meat, dairy, fish, or eggs and chooses to live a completely plant-based lifestyle. This has been proven to be beneficial for one’s health, the environment, and of course standing up towards the vile world of animal cruelty. One important thing about veganism nowadays is that almost all animal-driven traditional dishes have been redesigned and created in a plant-based and cruelty-free way so vegans can enjoy them too. Today we are looking at exactly how to make the best vegetarian spaghetti bolognese for an Italian night in.
The Best Spaghetti Bolognese Vegetarian Recipe
Traditional spaghetti bolognese includes minced meat in a tomato sauce influenced by many herbs and spices. For the plant-based community that does not mean that they cannot enjoy the recipe too. In fact, spaghetti bolognese vegetarian and vegan recipes are one of the most loved and enjoyed by plant-based lovers. Not only is it healthier but just as authentic as the real deal too.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1hr
Servings: 4 people
The first step to creating the perfect vegan spaghetti bolognese is to gather and prepare all your ingredients listed below.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlics
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp oregano
- 100g diced mushrooms
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 75g lentils
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Spaghetti and fresh basil to serve
Once all your ingredients are gathered and prepared you can move on to the assembling and cooking process for the vegetarian spaghetti bolognese recipe by following the instructions below.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, celery and carrots and cook for 10 mins.
- Once slightly softened stir in your garlic, tomato puree vinegar, and oregano and combine, stirring for 2-3 mins.
- To this add your mushrooms, lentils, chopped tomatoes, and stock cube, along with 200ml of water.
- Allow this mixture to come to a boil and then gently turn down the heat until simmering. Loosely cover the pan and allow to cook for 40-50 minutes. You will notice the sauce begin to thicken in consistency, keep string every 5-10 minutes.
- While this is cooking you can prepare your pasta in a separate salted water pot.
- Add almond milk and soy sauce to the sauce and remove the bolognese from the heat, drain the pasta.
- Place the desired amount on top of your spaghetti, garnish with basil, serve and enjoy!
And just as easily and as quickly as that you have created the best vegan spaghetti bolognese, using only plant-based ingredients and cruelty-free methods, for a delicious, authentic, and warming result.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, making hearty, healthy, and innovative plant-based recipes from scratch is not as hard as it may appear. This way you are able to enjoy traditional dishes whilst maintaining your vegan, plant-based, and cruelty-free lifestyle too.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?