Learn How You Can Create The Most Delicious And Authentic Vegan Spam From Your Kitchen
Spam is essentially meat in a can that has been consumed around the world and especially in America for decades now. It is stable in many people’s households and has an abundance of different uses. It is also very cheap as well as part of traditional cuisines. Vegans however choose to live a plant-based and cruelty-free lifestyle this old essential is no longer on the market any longer. As we have seen veganism develop and grow so have the opportunities for plant-based creations that imitate meat, chicken, dairy, and other animal products almost perfectly. But what about spam, can veggie spam really be made to resemble, take and look like the real deal?
Vegetarian spam has already taken the Asian market by storm and has culturally been introduced in many takeaway food spots, sit-down restaurants, and grocery stores. The creation of a vegan spam recipe is a momentous occasion for the veggie community and a true testament to how one can live and enjoy a plant-based lifestyle.
How To Make Tofu Taste Like Spam
If you want to get on board with the tofu spam recipe taking over the vegan community then I have just the recipe for you. To make this realistic vegan spam recipe you’ll need:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
The first step of any good recipe is to make sure that you have all your necessary ingredients prepped and ready to go. To create a traditionally flavored but fully vegan spam recipe you’ll need:
- 400g extra firm tofu
- cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of black pepper
Once you have gathered and prepared all the ingredients you need to make your delicious tofu spam recipe, you can now begin the cooking and assembling process by following the instructions below:
- Remove all the excess water from your tofu by pressing it between two plates for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice your tofu block into cubes or strips
- The next step is to prepare your marinade that will essentially give the tofu its spam-like flavor.
- Prepare this mixture by adding all the ingredients besides your cooking coil together in a plastic container of your choice. Mix it well until all the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add your chopped tofu to your marinade mixture, cover, and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Now it’s time to cook your tofu spam. To do this you will need to heat a large non-stick pan on medium to high heat and add in your cooking oil.
- Next, add the marinated tofu pieces and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Whilst cooking add little bits of the leftover marinade into your cooking tofu as this will be absorbed and help the tofu retain as much spam flavoring as possible.
- Once all your chopped tofu spam is cooked, serve and enjoy!
And just as quickly and as easily as that you have created the perfect, most authentic, and delicious vegan spam recipe from scratch. Plant-based tofu spam goes great in a sandwich or wrap, chopped up in a salad, mixed in wh golden vegetable rice, and even finely chopped in a creamy bowl of pasta.
The Bottom Line
Now that you have learned exactly how to make vegan spam, you can share your recipe with loved ones, experiment in the kitchen making delicious meals, and of course, never crave spam again. This recipe is not only quick and easy but also moderately budget-friendly and a great staple ingredient in many delicious and tasty recipes. It is also loved by kids and just shows how incredibly innovative and creative the vegan and plant-based community has expanded to.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?