Healthy Vegan Spring Rolls | Talk About Different Types Of Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Vegan Spring Roll Recipe
Spring rolls are a traditional oriental dish. It’s called spring rolls for a reason and is served on the Chinese New Year’s spring festival. That’s when fresh vegetables and greens start to appear.
Vegetarian spring rolls in rice paper are a delicious and healthy snack of Pan-Asian cuisine. The finest rice paper rolls contain a variegated filling of fresh vegetables, herbs, fried tofu, and noodles. The appetizer is light but satisfying enough. Spring rolls are not just for vegetarians. Ready-made pancakes are dipped in a sweet-spicy nut sauce for spring rolls during a meal.
Preparing these fresh vegetarian spring rolls is very simple and quick. By the way, this is a great option to feed guests or kids during the holiday. And also a great lunch for those who preserve their figure. Rice paper is generally not heat-treated. It is enough just to wet a rice paper with water and, when it becomes elastic, wrap the filling in it. The shell of the roll will be pleasantly stringy and will hold the filling perfectly.
These easy vegan spring rolls are a field for culinary experiments regarding the filling. Rice paper spring rolls can be used to wrap anything from shrimp with avocado to banana with peanut butter. Try it – for sure this treat will take root in your home menu for a long time.
Veggie Spring Roll Ingredients
- rice paper wrappers – 10-12 pcs.
- hard tofu – about 400 g,
- olive (or sesame) oil – 2 tablespoons,
- usual pepper to taste,
- dry somen (or kuksu) noodles – 100 g,
- green onions – 2-3 stalks,
- dry black fern noodles – 100 g,
- carrots – 2 pcs.,
- red bell pepper – 1 pc.,
- long-fruited cucumber – ½ pcs. ,
- radish – 5-6 pcs.,
- red bell pepper – 1 pc.,
- Romaine lettuce (or lettuce) – 1 bunch,
- cilantro greens – 3-4 bushes.
How To Make Vegan Spring Roll to the Vietnamese Recipe
- Cut the tofu briquette into slices about 1 cm thick. Tofu must be fried on both sides. Its appearance should not be much golden.
- Boil until tender, in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations on the packaging, both noodles (separately).
- The tofu slices should be cut lengthwise for our future veggie spring rolls with rice paper. Pluck the lettuce leaves from the roots and cut them into pieces about the same length as the tofu strips. Cut off the roots of the cilantro bushes, then cut the bushes into pieces, about the same length as the tofu. Cut the radish into thin slices.
- Cut vegetables and bell peppers into strips, as long as tofu. Cut the green onions into pieces, much like the rest of the vegetables. Cut the boiled noodles into pieces, like the vegetables. Now you can proceed to the formation of Vietnamese spring rolls tofu.
- Prepare a large plate. Then moisten the surface of the plate with water. Put all the ingredients on plates and put them side by side.
- The rice paper sheets should be soaked in non-hot water. About 20-30 seconds, until the leaf is elastic, and transfer to a plate moistened with water. Now we start spreading the filling on rice paper – cucumber, tofu, bell peppers, and carrots following the Vietnamese spring rolls recipe vegetarian.
- Top with lettuce, white and black boiled noodles, cilantro. Put 2-3 cups of radish on top of everything. Cover the filling with the bottom edge of a sheet of rice paper. Now cover the filling with the left edge and then the right edge. It remains to carefully healthy vegan spring rolls while trying to roll it tighter.
Thai Veggie Spring Rolls
You can take fresh vegetables to your taste: cucumbers, carrots, avocados, bell peppers, fresh salad, etc. In the vegan version, I suggest using tofu.
Cut the eggplant into strips and simmer in soy sauce until tender. Add freshly ground pepper, the juice of half a lemon, and simmer until the liquid evaporates. Rub the tofu on a coarse grater, tear the nori into small pieces with our hands and add to the eggplant. Fry, stirring for another 3 minutes. The filling is ready.
Cut your favorite vegetables into thin strips. We wash and dry the lettuce leaves.Following the instructions on the spring roll rice paper, soak it and lay it out on a bamboo roll mat or on a wooden board. Visually divide the eggplant filling and fresh vegetables into 6 parts and place each part on a sheet of rice paper, next to a serving of vegetables and a leaf of lettuce. You can add a little salt on top. We wrap from ourselves to the center, also wrapping inward the edge. Then serve the best vegan spring roll.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?