What Is Vegan Shampoo?
Yes believe it or not shampoo can be non –vegan! although you’re not directly consuming the animal product itself the use of animal-derived products along with animal testing is often found in the production of shampoo. As vegans, this does not align with our morals as we do not want to cause harm and cruelty towards animals in any way, shape, or form. Before people fully understood the idea of veganism and what it entailed. No one really thought to check the ingredients list on the back of their bottle of shampoo but ever since then, we have found many companies and brands producing unethical and non-sustainable shampoos and conditioners. Luckily there are many versions of eco-friendly and vegan shampoos that do just the same as non-vegan ones so anyone and everyone can wash their hair in peace.
Vegan Shampoo Info
So what does vegan shampoo mean? what makes a shampoo vegan is a fact that each and every ingredient used to make the product is completely plant-based as well as the fact that no animals were harmed in the process of making the product. They are 100 percent natural and use only natural sources. Vegan shampoo recipes include the use of coconut oil to provide the nourishing, silky smooth feeling that we all look for in a great shampoo. The use of much fewer chemicals makes the shampoo better for maintaining the condition of your hair in its most natural state.
What Makes a Shampoo Not Vegan
The difference between what shampoos are vegan and what shampoos aren’t is that of course non-vegan shampoos either contain products derived from animals or animal testing is used in the process of creation. The biggest problem with non-vegan shampoos is that the use of animal products is not actually necessary and provide no real purpose in the creation of shampoo, it does not add to the product or service as a need for a particular effect. Things like biotin, keratin, silk powder, and gelatin are often found in shampoos and are not vegan friendly as they come from animals often bones, blood, and ‘leftovers’ are used.
Best Vegan Shampoo and Conditioner
There are so many vegan shampoos and conditioners out there but what is the best vegan shampoo and conditioner, well there’s not just one best but rather quite a few, and here are some you can choose from that I highly rate and recommend.
Best Vegan Shampoo List
- Beachwaver Good Vibes Moisturizing Shampoo- Made from a base of coconut milk, it is super enriching for your hair, leaving it smooth and voluminous in texture.
- Quai Clean Shampoo- This is a very gentle shampoo that is oil-based and gives your hair a nice refreshing and natural wash.
- Acure Mega Moisture Shampoo – A completely chemical-free shampoo that is perfect for damaged hair as it restores broken pieces as well as creates a beautiful glow shine.
- Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo-Lush is a very well known brand that stands strong against animal cruelty, providing tons of vegan and natural products that are loved and used by many around the world. So if you’re looking for dry shampoo for one of those extremely busy days this is the one for you. It is a powder-based shampoo that aims to absorb all the oils from the scalp and acts quickly and efficiently.
- Morocco Method Earth Essence and Euro Oil- another great and natural shampoo that works with all hair types. It is packed full of nourishing nutrients that aim to strengthen the hair while still leaving it soft and smooth after every wash. It is also great for deep cleaning and helps to create thicker-looking hair.
Best Cruelty-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
If you looking for some combos of shampoo and conditioner that work together don’t worry because there are many to choose from.
- Lush Rehab Shampoo and Retread Conditioner- One of the best shampoos for color-treated hair is it aims to fix the damage, strengthen individual strands, and helps create a strong scalp to allow new hairs to grow easily. So if you’re looking for a complete hair transformation this is the one for you.
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner- This eco-friendly shampoo is a version of a high-end formula aiming to create that luscious silky smooth hair you see in the adverts.
- Moo Hair Miracle Shampoo and Miracle Conditioner- Another great option that comes from an ethically correct independent company is a great choice for the summertime when the air is overly humid and dry.
How to Make Vegan Shampoo
If your creative and looking for a DIY project to create your own shampoo using only ingredients you source yourself then there’s a way for you. Actually, it’s a pretty simple task and doesn’t require a large number of ingredients.
- 1 cup of any natural liquid soap
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil or coconut oil
- 6 drops of your favorite essential oil ( lavender, rose, etc. .. )
And now all you have to do is mix together and store in an empty shampoo bottle and your set and ready for your next hair wash.
As you can see there are many many vegan shampoo options meaning we don’t have to wash our hair at the cost of animals getting harmed and in any event, it is better for your hair, body, and environment.
- It is such a pleasure to see you like our article, share your thoughts!
- You didn't like it, hm? What did we do wrong?